Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Thoughtful Tuesday

I know most of my thoughtful posts lately have been about my friends, but I do have to say I have some amazingly great friends!  I love that I have these women to depend on, and that they each help me be a better person, and each one of them has helped me become the friend, teacher, mom and wife that I am today.

Today's featured BFF is Susan!  We love Susan, and she has been a friend since my college days.  Susan and I went through the teaching program together in Irvine.  We both decided that we wanted to finish in four years, and with striving to do that, that meant we were in many of the same classes together.  Susan, along with two other girls, became my life lines during our junior and senior years.  We depended on each other for projects, working on TPAs, and surviving our student teaching.

Susan, Trish and I before graduation

The three girls that helped me through college!
After we graduated Susan moved up to Northern California to begin her teaching career while Tyler and I stayed in Orange County.  Then once we moved to Phoenix we traveled back to California during the summer of '09, and Susan went on our first massive road trip with us!  We drove from Northern California to Oregon to go visit Mer, another college friend of all of ours.  Our trip was a blast, and we enjoyed traveling with Susan.

Our trip to Oregon to visit Mer

Susan got to try our two year old wedding cake with us too!
Since then we have tried to get her to move to Phoenix!  She even came out to interview one year, but Bakersfield is where she ended up.  Susan has now been here multiple times to visit, and we still haven't made our way to Bakersfield to see her!  We will be stopping there next summer though, so I hope that she's ready for us and our darling children.  It's a good thing that she loves us, and our crazy kiddos!

Susan came out for B's baby shower

Visiting during Christmas Break '10

Came to meet Natalie, summer '13

No comments: