Thursday, May 16, 2013

Family of Four . . . 3 weeks

New things about Brandon:  He is loving playing with his cars, and has tried sleeping in his big boy bed this week!   We started the process Sunday night, and while it hasn't been the easiest transition, it hasn't been horrible.  There has only been one night this week that he has made it through the whole night.  That night he decided he wanted to wake us all up at 5:30 too.  There are pros and cons to having him in a big boy bed, without a gate on his door, that is for sure.  We need to go and find a gate soon, so that way he can stay in his room.  He won't take a nap in there yet though, so we need to work on that too.  Brandon was able to spend the weekend at grandma and grandpa's time share, spending a lot of time at the pool!  He loved this!  I wish I could go swimming with him, because then we could be out in the backyard every day!  It would be great exercise for me, plus it would wear him out!
Playing in the pool with grandma 
Shopping with mommy and grandma at Old Navy
New things about Natalie:  She is doing great!  We are back to waking up every three hours at night to eat.  I try and make sure that I get her up every three hours during the day as well, so then hopefully she will last longer at night.  We are almost out of newborn diapers, so we are going to try to transition into 1s.  I can't believe we are moving out of newborns already, but I really don't want to go buy a bunch more.  Here's hoping that the size ones aren't too big, and if they are, then off to the store we go!

Sleeping on our tummy in our pack and play
Thanks for the shirt Aunt Megan!
New things about Tyler:  He has had a rough couple of nights with Natalie getting up every three hours.  He has had some late days at work too, as he is trying to get everything done since our school year ends in two weeks!  He is looking forward to being able to sleep next week when the kids and I are up in Prescott.

New things about Cassandra:  We have been trying to get out and do one thing a day this week.  We have been successful two days this week.  We were able to get out and do some returns at Kohls, and check out Old Navy one day.  Then another day we ran to the mall to return stuff to Macy's, check out the dollar tree for work, and went out to lunch.  We wanted to take Brandon to the park too, but the one I drove to didn't have a play structure, just grass!  I am on the hunt for new shorts, and I think that I found some I like at New York and Company.  I didn't try them on though, so I may be on the watch for a good coupon and go in and see how they look.  They also had some pants I really liked, but once again, we live in Arizona, so I don't know how many pairs of work pants I need.

Weight:  136

Weight lost:  I gained a pound and a half this week.  I knew this was going to happen as the baby weight disappeared, and I continued to eat what I wanted without working out.  I need to start watching what I eat a lot more, and making sure that I am not snacking on just carbs or sugars.  I need to start working the veggies into my diet more, and cutting back on the carbs.  I am going to slowly start working out too, hopefully getting out to walk next week while we are up in Prescott will get me going.  I am not really supposed to do much for another three weeks though, so we'll see how active I can get without hurting myself.

No comments: