Thursday, May 2, 2013

Family of four . . . 1 week

New things about Brandon:  Our big kid is loving being a big brother!  He comes over to give Natalie a kiss all the time!!  He is understanding so much too! This morning I asked him to go get sissy's blanket for me because the air kicked on, and I didn't want her to get cold.  He went into the other room, grabbed her blanket out of the pack and play, and brought it to me!  He is having a hard time understanding why he can't have her bottles, and pacifiers, but it is getting better.  He is doing okay with the fact that I can't pick him up either, and daddy is spending a lot of extra one on one time with him.  We finally got him in to get a hair cut too!!  Man oh man did he need one!!  So thankful that he was able to get it cut before we take our family pictures on Saturday!!

Before our hair cut
After our hair cut
Hanging out with Daddy!!
New things about Natalie:  She loves to eat!  All the time!  At least at night, she loves to eat all the time.  During the time she has mastered the sleeping for two to three hours at a time thing.  At night, she likes to eat about every hour and a half.  Needless to say, Tyler and I have both been taking naps during the day.  Natalie is growing too!  When we went to the doctor on Tuesday she had already gained back 3 ounces since Saturday morning.  This just proves how much she loves to eat!

1 week old!
New things about Daddy:  Daddy went to the Minute Clinic yesterday, thank you CVS, and we found out that he has a sinus infection.  A few weeks ago we found out my mom and I both had ear infections, and Tyler just didn't ever make it into the doctor.  Thankfully he took this week off to be home with the kids and I, so he was able to finally go in.  He is starting to feel much better, but pulling a backyard full of weeds yesterday wasn't helping him too much.

New things about Mommy: I am recovering pretty well.  When we came home on Saturday it was really HARD!!  I felt bad for our friends who came over to visit, as I fell asleep on the couch while they were here!  Since then I have been doing things slowly but surely around the house.  Trying not to do too much, but still trying to get some things done.

Weight:  140.4 lbs

Weight lost:  I stopped weighing myself at home a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure last Monday when I went in to the doctor, so April 22,  was 154 on their scale.  I will be interested to see what they say I am next week!

April 25, right before I went to the hospital
May 2, 140.4 lbs

No comments: