Thursday, May 9, 2013

Family of Four . . . 2 weeks

New things about Brandon:  Brandon had a very hard time on Monday when he woke up and realized that Daddy wasn't here to play with him.  He really enjoyed having Tyler home with us all last week, and wasn't so excited when he saw that it was just Grandma and I on Monday morning.  He is learning more and more though, and is quite a helpful big brother.  He leaves impressing our visitors too, and making them laugh when they come over.
Big brother love, May 9
Our new favorite saying, thanks Uncle Ben, "Oh yeah!"
New things about Natalie:  She loves to sleep on me, or on any one.  She isn't too big of a fan of sleeping in her bassinet.  When I can get her to fall asleep, lately I have been putting her on her stomach to sleep at night, and we last a little longer.  We have gotten up to a four or five hour stretch at night!  We are loving this!  She still likes to sleep and eat during the day, and occasionally stays awake for a few hours.  At her doctor appointment on Tuesday she weighed in at 7 pounds, 5 ounces!!  She is putting the weight on!  The doctor was very happy!

May 5
Special visitor, Francesca, May 8
New things about Daddy:  Daddy went back to work on Monday, and he was ready for it.  His hardest adjustment is the getting up in the middle of the night to get bottles for Natalie.  He is glad to be back in a routine though, and is having a good time with his kids before the year is over.
Last day with daddy before he went back to work

New things about Mommy:  When Natalie sleeps, so does mommy.  My mom is staying with us now, and she has been great!  She lets me nap whenever I need to, and takes care of Brandon for me in the mornings so I can sleep in as long as Natalie lets us.  I went to the doctor today, and they said my incision looks great.  Still I'm not supposed to lift anything heavier than Brandon, can't take a bath, or swim.  Hardest part about that will be the not lifting B part.  I've been trying to find ways to get around that, so I can have him sit in my lap, or cuddle with me.

Weight:  134.2 pounds

Weight lost:  In the past week 6.2 pounds!  I know that is all baby weight, and not because of anything I've been doing.  We didn't really do any exercise this week, as we were trying to get Natalie to sleep at night.  I also haven't ben watching what I've been eating.  I know I will need to start doing that since I can't do any real exercising for another four weeks.
2 week appointment with Natalie (no maternity clothes)
2 week appointment with Brandon (maternity clothes)

No comments: