Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hospital

I always forget how uncomfortable the hospital truly is. Hence the reason Friday night I asked my nurse what the chances were we would get to go home on Saturday. She kind of looked at me like I was crazy, but said it really depended on what the pediatrician said. Natalie was born with a lot of bruising which can turn to jaundice, so she may make us stay another day.


Really, it also depended on what my doctor said too, but I figured I could work that one out. Really resting at home is the same as at the hospital, right?

So Saturday morning Tyler and I got up around 6 and we both went ahead and took our showers. I feel so much better after I take a shower.

The pediatrician came in around 7:30 and told us Natalie looked great, hadn't lost too much weight, and she could go home. We kind of did a happy dance around my room then. Now all we had to do was wait.

Thankfully we didn't have to wait very long, and watching a movie on the hospital TV helped the time to go quickly. My doctor said I could go home so then we were really on our way!!

We packed all of our stuff up, or I should say, Tyler packed all our stuff up, and we were on our way home!!

It felt so nice to be able to come home, but I'm sure I should have stayed another day. When I got home I took some more Motrin, ate a little, and then took a long nap. Followed by dinner, and another nap. Followed by walking Natalie around the living room, and then going to bed.

Either way, we are so grateful to be home!!



1 comment:

katiejfischer said...

She is just precious! Look at all of her hair! Hope you guys are adjusting well. Can't wait to meet her. :)