Thursday, July 28, 2011

The small things...

So far this summer I haven't accomplished a lot of the goals I set for myself at the beginning of summer, but I did some things that I didn't think I'd do.  


I had wanted to read all 7 Harry Potter books, before I saw the last movie.  Needless to say, I'm still only half way done with book 4.  I doubt I'll even finish before Brandon comes.  At least I'll have lots of reading time in September!

I also wanted to watch all of Criminal Minds.  Tyler and I were on a roll for a while, but haven't watched at all in about two weeks.  I can't watch without him either. 1 - I scare myself.  2 - we both want to watch them.  I know we'll finish them eventually, but it was one thing I was really looking forward to.  I think once school starts it will be a nice break for us to watch an episode a night just to relax.

I have been able to clean house, and organize a lot this summer though.  We have redone two bedrooms, the office, and the downstairs room.  We have also spruced up our living room, our cross wall, and family picture wall.  We also added a collage picture frame in our dining room.  We cleaned out the kitchen, went through our dishes and food.  We went through the house, got rid of a bunch of stuff, and took tons of stuff to Good Will.

I know my house isn't perfect, and will never be totally clean, but at least we're getting organized. I have found http://pinterest.com/, and I love it!!  I have been looking for ways to stay organized, as I know things are going to start getting crazy once Brandon is here.  Plus Tyler and I are going back to work, and I want to stay on top of things.  I know I'm going to want to come home right after school, so I'm trying to find ways to use my time to the fullest.  I am also trying to find ways to cut back on the amount of paper that I use/waste.

Tonight I designed our weekly meal plans, and grocery lists on the computer.  I was so proud of myself, because now I can email them to myself, and view them as a pdf on my iPad.  Sure, I can't cross items off the list, but I have it pretty well organized to know what section of the store it comes from.  My mom said I could even add aisle numbers so if someone else wanted to take my grocery list to my grocery store, like when Brandon comes, she would be able to do the grocery shopping and know exactly where everything is.  It might add some time to my shopping tomorrow, but I'm definitely going to look into that one.  So, for those of you who want a weekly grocery list that you can print, or type on, here is mine.  Here is our weekly meal plan too!!  If you want either of these files, just let me know and I can email them to you!!


No comments: