Wednesday, July 6, 2011

32 Weeks

What a week it has been!  I went in last Wednesday for the three hour glucose test.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Luckily the "vampire" as I call her, even though she is a really nice lady, is super good at her job.  I had to have blood taken four times in the three hours I was there.  Once, right when I got there, and then again every hour.  It wasn't too bad sitting there either.  They had a nice room for me to wait in with lazy boy recliners, a TV, pillows and blankets.  I read a bunch, took a little nap, and Nicole talked to me to help me pass the time.

I found out on Thursday that I did not pass the test, so I now have gestational diabetes.  I don't really know what that means yet, other than I can't have sugar!  No desserts, sweetened beverages, syrups, jams, jelly, fruit juices and I need to limit the amount of milk I drink.  I don't really understand the milk part, but I'm sure someone does.  I am going tomorrow to take a class about how to handle this, and make sure that Brandon and I are going to be good during the next eight weeks.

Tyler and I also celebrated our four year anniversary last Thursday!  We were going to go out to dinner, but instead just stayed home, and he cooked a delicious steak dinner!  We then went out Saturday morning for brunch to celebrate our anniversary.  We ended up going to Brio.  It was yummy!!




Saturday night we took out the Hulkes to Oreganos which is a very yummy pizza place that just opened near our house.  It is one of Tyler's favorites, and is probably going to be deadly that there is one near our house now.  :)  The Hulkes just moved here on Friday, and we are excited that they are going to be here.  Andrew will be teaching with Tyler, and Emily is going to be finishing up some schooling, and then doing her internship this year.  I am also super excited because they love to play Catan as much as I do, and Tyler wants to play with them!!  We have already played twice with Andrew!!

Sunday Christie flew into town, and it was great to be able to spend a couple of days with her.  We just ate, relaxed, watched some movies, and went to traffic school!! We both got caught on photo radar tickets, and it just happened that we both were able to take this class.  I think I am the first person who was excited to get their letter from the MVD telling them to go sign up for this class!!  I knew Christie was going to be taking it, so I was glad i was able to take it with her!  It made the eight hours go a lot faster, that's for sure.  We learned a lot, and there were some crazy people there, that's for sure.  Out of the 14 of us there, 4 people were in for DUIs!!  We learned though, that in AZ you can get a DUI for even one drink with dinner.  The 0.08 limit in California doesn't apply here, any hint can get you a DUI.  To me that is just crazy!!

I go back to the doctor tomorrow, and then I have my diabetes class in the afternoon.  I will keep everyone updated on what is going on, but prayers are always appreciated!!  We're counting down the days, and can't wait!!  Only 8 weeks left until Brandon comes and joins our crazy household!

No comments: