Wednesday, July 13, 2011

33 Weeks

It's been another busy week.  I can't believe how fast summer is flying by.  We only have a couple of weeks left, and I feel like I haven't accomplished half of what I wanted to do this summer.  I guess this is how my life is going to be from now on.  The good news is, our living room is complete, the cross wall is done, as well as our new picture wall.  Liz helped me go shopping on Saturday, and we added pillows, and drapes to our windows too.  I promise to add pictures later, as I still haven't taken any.

 Our new photo wall, above the couch
Our new cross wall, where the photo wall use to be.  We need more crosses now!

Last Thursday I went to the doctor, and she said my pregnancy is text book.  I am measuring right as I should be, and all of that looks great.  She explained gestational diabetes to me a little, and told me I was right on the cusp.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep this all under control with my diet, and won't have to worry about insulin or this staying around after Brandon comes.  Thursday afternoon I had my diabetes class, and I was given a glucose meter.  Right now I have to record everything I eat, and take my blood four times a day.  It isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it isn't fun, that's for sure.  I have to eat six times a day too, which doesn't sound too bad, but when you have to over think everything you're eating, it isn't exactly fun.  I am on a 225 grams of carbs a day diet, which when you think about it, isn't really that much.  Eating an apple alone is 30!!  I talk to the diabetes lady again on Thursday to make sure that everything is working out, and that I won't have to go on medication.  We are discovering that my body doesn't metabolize very quickly in the morning, so I'm going to have to start exercising before or after breakfast.  It won't be so bad until I have to go back to work.  Then I don't even want to think about what time I'll have to get up to make sure I eat breakfast by 6:30, have time to work out, and can get to work at a decent hour.  For me, being to work after 7 is late.

Sunday Tyler and I drove up to Sedona to spend a few days.  It was nice to be able to get away, and not have to think about our to do list.  We didn't do anything while we were up there, which was great!!  We really just watched Criminal Minds, and I took a nap on Monday.  We finished season 2, and started season 3.  We didn't get to go to Savanah's this year though, because it has closed!!  We were super sad to find out it was closed, but at the same time glad, because then we saved a bunch of money that we would have spent on dinner.  It was beautiful up there, and the weather was very nice.

We came back home on Tuesday, because I had bible study tonight.  Katie, Rachel and I took the girls to Fashion Square for our girls' night out.  The girls had a good time, and we had a great time shopping.  We had the girls go on a photo scavenger hunt, and they found some awesome things.  It was a blast to do, and I think that they would enjoy doing it again.  We had them find things like headless mannequins, Mickey Mouse, baby converse, an orange purse, and a family with 3 or more kids.  The girls came up with some awesome outfits, for a mix-matched outfit as well.

Today I get to finally do my final presentation for grad school, so I'm excited to finish that and be done with grad school!  My presentation is at 2:00 this afternoon, so all prayers around that time will be greatly appreciated.  I just have to present everything I did this semester, including the reason I created my training sessions, and then what I did.  I don't know how many people will actually "show up" to listen to my presentation, but I'm assuming not too many.  Then I'll be done, and will be able to put my diploma up on the wall.  We're excited to add two more diplomas in our office!

We are also taking maternity pictures tonight, so I'm really excited to see how those will turn out!!  A girl I went to college with is taking them, because she wants to get her photography business started.  I went shopping with Liz on Saturday and got new outfits, so I can't wait to wear them.

Until next week, I hope that you are all doing well!!  We love and miss you all!!

No comments: