Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Two weeks of visitors

My parents came into town last Saturday, just in time for B's birth.  Oh wait, they would have been here about five days before B's due date, but he decided to come three weeks early!!  :) What a little stinker!!  My parents still came to visit though, since they already had their hotel reservations, and the two weeks off of work.  They drove in on Saturday, and my mom brought some more stuff with her. We found places for all of her stuff, and then we just had a great week.  Tyler of course had to work, but my parents, B and I spent the week cleaning house, playing games, doing a little shopping, and of course eating.  I love hanging out with my parents, and I know we'll always have a great time!

Last Thursday Tyler had his first ASU game of the season, so my parents and I took B out for his first dinner out!  We went to this awesome restaurant called Charlestons where my mom and I always get this awesome shrimp appetizer and the ribs for dinner.  AMAZING!!  :)  Before we went to dinner we took pictures of daddy and B in their ASU outfits.  (Once I load pictures, I will make sure to upload them.)

My parents went to Prescott for the weekend, so that way they could start looking at houses.  We are so excited for them to be moving closer to us, and I know we will be spending parts of our summer and breaks up at their new house. They found two houses that they really like, so now they just need to sell their house.  It is a little sad they'll be selilng my childhood home, and B will never get to play in it like I did, but he'll have a gorgeous house in the mountains to play in instead.

While my parents were away Jon and Nicole came to visit us for the long weekend!  We had a blast with them.  Saturday we just hung out all day.  We all took a nap in the afternoon, watched some TV, the boys played some video games, and we just relaxed.  Saturday night we took B for a walk around the neighborhood.  Sunday we took a family trip to the mall, and then when my parents got back into town, the seven of us went to Oregano's for dinner.  That place is amazing too!  We had a great time, even though we had to wait 45 minutes to be seated, and then Nicole and I had to wait 45 minutes for our pizza.  :(

Monday Jon and Nicole had to leave to go back to work.  Never fun saying goodbye to good friends, that we consider our family.  We were sad to see them go, but so excite that they were able to come and spend some time with us!  Hopefully they'll be coming back in December for B's baptism.

This week my grandmother came into town.  She drove in yesterday, and will be staying until Saturday.  I know that we are going to have a great week.  My parents leave on Saturday too.  I can't believe our two weeks together is almost over.  I'm just thankful that four weeks from today they'll be back again, and that time my mom isn't leaving. I can't wait until she is here full time.  :)  We haven't even touched scrapbooking stuff yet, and boy do we have a lot to do!!

No comments: