Monday, August 29, 2011

First week without Daddy!

B and I had our first week alone last week.  Tyler had to go back to work on Monday, so B and I got a week to spend by ourselves.  We had a pretty great week!

Monday we spent the day being lazy, and enjoying my birthday.  :)  Tyler had to work late again that night, so I knew we wouldn't see him all day.  Katie, CJ and Liz brought over a delicious dinner for us to have.  We had shrimp alfredo, salad, and ice cream!  Of course, no dinner is complete with out dessert in our house now.  After we had dinner we watched Bachelor Pad.

Enjoying his new swing on Mommy's birthday


Tuesday Tyler's mom came over to take us to my doctor's appointment.  I had an appointment with Deka to check on everything.  I am healing well, and doing great.  She was very impressed that I wasn't on pain relievers any more, and that I was moving around so much.  She obviously didn't know how I always have to be doing something, and can't just sit around and do nothing.  I was also given permission to not use the bathroom bottle any more!! I am pretty sure that was the best news I got last week!  She gave me the best birthday present ever!!

Wednesday I got the car for the day!  It was great to be able to get out of the house, and drive!  Brandon and I headed off to the doctor's office for his two week appointment.  When we got there we found out that I had messed up the appointment time, and we were supposed to be there at 11:30!  Ooops, we showed up at 1:00!!  So, instead we headed over to work so I could pick up some paper work and sign B up for insurance.

Our big adventure out, by ourselves!

Thursday we went to the doctor's office again.  This time I was there at the right time. Brandon now weighs 7 pounds 6 ounces.  Our pediatrician also gave me great news.  We no longer had to set an alarm to wake Brandon up for feedings, but he would tell us when it was time to eat!!  I was so excited to hear that I didn't have to get up three times during the night any more!!  When we got home from the doctor Brandon decided he wanted to hang out with mommy all day!  He wouldn't let me put him down.  So, I held him from 11-5 when Tyler got home!



Friday was a big day for us.  Brandon and I just spent the day being lazy again, but then Tyler took me out Friday night.  I was really nervous about leaving B for the first time, even though we were leaving him with Tyler's parents.  Tyler and I went to dinner, and then we went to the Diamond Backs game because Toby Mac was playing after.  Toby Mac is Tyler's favorite, and I had been telling him for a couple of months to get tickets to the game.  It ended up working out better this way because we went with some new friends!

My first drink since December!

The Kriegers, Hathaways and Hulkes

Overall, I would say that Brandon and I had a great week at home, even though it was harder to do everything without Tyler.  It just makes for really long nights when you are the one who has to get up for every feeding.  I was excited that Tyler took the middle of the night feedings over the weekend, because I was able to sleep for a 6 hour stretch without having to get out of bed.  I still woke up for the 2:30 feedings, but I didn't have to get up and do them!!

One of my amazing fifth graders!

We are excited because Grandma and Grandpa are here now too!  They drove to Palm Springs Friday night, and then drove the rest of the way into Phoenix on Saturday afternoon.  We get to spend two weeks with them!!  We're looking forward to many games of Catan, Shanghai, scrapbooking and naps!

No comments: