Wednesday, June 1, 2011

27 weeks

What another crazy week it has been.  So much has happened in the past week and a half.  Tyler finished school last Tuesday, and we were both blessed by his parents and students.   We were showered with gift cards, gifts, and the amazing sweet words in cute little cards!  Tyler finished up meetings on Thursday, and was ready for summer by Friday mid afternoon.

On Thursday my class threw me a surprise baby shower!  It was adorable!  My room mom, and some other handy moms had decorated the room for me, including a clothes line with clothes hanging!  The kids all had these adorable hats to wear, that they just loved!  We played some shower games, ate amazing food, and of course I had the cutest basket full of books and gifts ever!

Walking into my room!

The amazing parents who were there the day of (minus Eileen)

Friday was the last day of school, and even more parents came up to shower us with gifts and love.  I hope Brandon realizes how many people out here already love him and can't wait to meet him.  All of the parents at Shepherd and Christ have been amazing throughout this whole process!!  Friday was also a hard day because one of our families is moving to Minnesota.  It was really hard to watch them say goodbye to everyone, and to say goodbye to Angela.  She has been my aide for the past two years, and I loved knowing she would be there every Tuesday and Friday afternoon for a chat.  Plus I have had one of her boys every year since I came to Shepherd.  This would have been my first year without one of the boys in my room, but it's going to be hard not to see their smiling faces come running down the hall.

Friday night we flew out to Northern California for my sister's graduation.  She graduated Saturday morning from Sanoma State.  It was awesome to be able to go and see her graduate, and to see family.  Everyone was able to make it up for her graduation, which was awesome!  We got to spend time with my grandma, see my aunt and uncle who live in San Diego, and of course everyone else.  I only wish we were able to spend more time with everyone, but that is the way it worked out.

Mom and Dad with Rachel

Our aunts and uncle

Sunday night we were able to go to dinner and a movie with the Piols!  I love my time with them, and am so excited we'll see them again in just a few short weeks.  I know our time of just hanging out with them is getting closer and closer to being over.  Once my parents sell their house we won't be making trips back to the Bay for visits, so we'll have to plan special trips just to see them!  That will be great, because we'll be there to see them, but it's going to be fewer and further between.

When we came back on Monday we had a Diamondbacks game to go to with the Fischers.  The game was a blast, and the Dbacks kept kitting home run after home run.  Plus, our seats were AMAZING!!  We were sitting about ten rows behind home plate!  I don't think I have ever sat in such great seats!  It was nice to be able to relax and hang out with the Fischers too!  CJ is getting so big already, we joke that he will be driving by the time Brandon is born!

He's such a cutie!!

He is a big smiler now

We're determined for them to be BFFs!

Our amazing seats!

Yesterday I had to go back to work for our end of the year meeting.  At the end of the meeting the staff surprised me, and had bought us our travel system already!!  I was so surprised, and we are so thankful that they did this for us!  They also gave us a Target gift card that of course will be put to good use!  Tyler didn't have to go to work yesterday, so he stayed home and put the crib together!!  The nursery is now starting to feel and look more and more like a nursery.  We bought the bookshelf we were going to build, but we bought the wrong color, so now we have to return it and wait.  We bought it from Bed, Bath and Beyond because it was cheaper than the one on our registry, but BBB doesn't sell the bookcase in cherry, which all of the other furniture in the nursery is.  Target does sell it though, so we'll just wait for it to go back on sale at Target.

The crib!

Today they had a going away party for the Koumontzis at the park.  It was great to be able to go and see the kids.  They looked like they were having a great time, and really enjoying the day.  It was nice and cool today, so it was a great day to have a park morning.  The moms who put it together did an awesome job!  No tears today though, because I get to have lunch with Angela next week!  :)  I'll miss the boys, and they will have a special place in my heart!  Right before we were getting ready to leave Demi came and popped a water balloon on me!  If I wasn't seven months pregnant, and there were more balloons, I would have gotten him back, but I'm sure his brothers will do that for me!

Now Tyler and I are in full summer mode.  I turned in all of my paper work, so technically I don't have to go back to work any more this summer.  I'm sure I'll be there a lot in June to try and get things together before I start to feel too tired, or worn out.  I came home, and after lunch today took a tour hour nap.  I know I am going to start getting more tired, so I just want to make sure I stay productive in the mornings.

1 comment:

katiejfischer said...

Good times at the D-Backs game! I'm sure we'll go to lots more with our little guys.