Sunday, May 22, 2011

25 weeks...almost 26

What a week!!  Between the craziness of Tyler and I trying to finish out our school years, Tyler's sister Megan got married this weekend!!  It was a blast to be in Omaha for the weekend, and to spend time relaxing with family and new friends!  We had such a blast, despite the weather!

We flew in Thursday afternoon, leaving our classes in the hands of trusted subs.  For those of you who know me, it's hard for me to leave my class.  Luckily I knew I was leaving them in good hands!  When we got into town Tyler's parents picked us up, and then we headed into Lincoln so the boys could pick up their tuxes and the girls could get their nails done.  It was nice to start the weekend off with some pampering.  After we headed to Dan's parent's house for some dinner.  

Despite the fact that we should have been ready to go, Tyler and I were tired, so we headed to our hotel early that evening.  The storm on the way to the hotel was HORRIBLE!!  I thought we were going to die a couple of times on the way there.  Tyler's aunt and uncle were following us, and Tyler's dad did everything he could to not lose them in the storm.  At one point Tyler's dad came up to this car that was going maybe 15 or 20 miles an hour on the highway.  Now, I know it was storming, and if I was driving, I may have been driving that slow as well, but it was almost scary how slow this person was going because they were going to cause an accident.  Right when we got to the hotel we heard this loud crack of lightning.  Later we came to find out, that the lightning had hit Tyler's uncle's car!!  They were almost to the hotel at least, but their car was fried!!  Friday morning they woke up, walked out to the street, and found parts of their antenna!

Friday we got up and headed to the hall to help Megan and Dan decorate.  We set everything up, and then headed off for some lunch.  It was a blast to hang out with Megs and Dan, and meet their friends.  Tyler quickly became friends with this guy named Harlan and they had a great time all weekend!  After lunch Tyler and I went back to the hotel for a quick nap.  It was so nice to be able to rest.  Brandon is starting to take over again, and my rest is not always the best.

Friday night we went to rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner.  The rehearsal dinner was a lot of fun, because they invited friends and family who had come in from out of town.  There I was able to meet some of my Hathaway family.  I was finally able to meet Uncle Mike, Aunt Debbie and cousin Brandie.  It was great to meet them!!

Saturday was a long day, but a blast!!  We headed out to the church around noon so that way the guys could get ready, and we could be there to help Megan get dressed, and take pictures.  Tyler and Megan's aunt took all of the pictures, and I can't wait to see the amazing job that she did!!  The wedding was beautiful, and the reception was a blast!!  Everyone had such a great time, and it was fun to meet more of the Hathaway family.  I was able to meet Uncle Paul, Aunt Sally, and cousins Shannon and Jason.

You may kiss the bride!! 

We have one from our wedding, where Megs has Tyler in a headlock! 

The wedding party! 

Most important men in Meg's life!

Aunt Luanne, Uncle Paul, Aunt Deb and Mom

Today we headed to Lincoln and had lunch with Megan, Dan, mom and dad.  It was nice to see Megan and Dan again before we left, since we weren't able to see everyone else before they left this morning.  After lunch we headed to the airport to come home.  Now we are home, and I am very much looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, with my big body pillow!
We miss them already!

No comments: