Sunday, May 15, 2011

24 weeks ... almost 25

Things are winding down at school.  Tyler only has 7 days left, and I have 10.  It is amazing how quickly this school year has come to an end, especially with everything else we've got going on here at home.

May 10

For Mother's Day Tyler made me cheesy potatoes for breakfast, and he also bought me a couple of CDs that I wanted.  We weren't going to celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day this year, but it's nice to know he knew how special this day was in our lives now.  We then went over to his parent's house, and went to lunch with his mom and dad.  His dad got a job in Seattle, so we know now that we won't be able to see them whenever we want, but we'll have to see when dad is in town.  We'll get to spend a lot of time with them this next week though, as Tyler's sister is getting married on Saturday!

Tyler built the dresser Mother's Day morning!

Brandon has been very active this week.  I was reading on the couch Wednesday night, and Tyler saw him kick me!  It was crazy to see something stick out of my stomach like that!  He still hasn't felt him yet though.  We'll get there, as I'm sure there will be times when he doesn't stop after one or two kicks.  Thursday night as we were driving to bible study I think he was practicing his soccer or kick boxing because he was going at it.

This week was Teacher Appreciation at Tyler's school as well.  When Tyler got to school Monday morning his door was decorated with diapers, and baby stuff, and then his classroom had lots of diapers all over it.  He didn't take a picture for me, but our dining room table was full of stuff that they had left him.  We also got a package from the Votaw/Shaver women this week!!  We love all of you, and appreciate all of the support that you are giving us.  Especially all of the love and prayers that we already know Brandon has!

Teacher Appreciation Presents

From Tyler's "favorite" students.  This cookie was amazing!

Our box from the Votaw/Shaver women!

Friday night we celebrated our friend Liz's birthday!  It was a lot of fun.  First a couple of us went to get pedicures, which always feels amazing!!  Then we had everyone over for a little BBQ dinner at our house. After the girls got ready, we went out for a night down in Old Town.  It was funny to see people's reactions when I walked in, or when they asked if I wanted a drink.  I was wearing black, so it was hard to tell a lot of the time, but to me I feel like I look pregnant.

Girls Night Out!

Yesterday Chelsea and I had the girls over for our swim party.  It was a blast.  The girls that came are amazing, and I love them.  I love all of those fifth grade girls!  We had a blast playing Apples to Apples, swimming, watching Blind Side, eating some pizza and candy, and then we finished by walking down to the park and passing the volleyball around.  Chelsea and I are already planning next year's auction day.

It's going to be a busy two weeks, so I apologize now if you don't get an update until June.  We leave Thursday for Megan's wedding in Nebraska, and don't come back until Sunday evening.  Then we leave Friday evening to go to Nor Cal for Rachel's graduation.  It is an exciting time for our families right now!

No comments: