Wednesday, June 22, 2011

California Vacation

Tyler and I went to California to escape the heat, visit friends and family for a week and a half.  It was a blast, and nice to be able to get away.  We started in Orange County visiting the Steller family, and Tyler went back to his old school so we could see the teachers, and he could watch his last 5th grade class graduate 8th grade.  He always has a blast going back, and seeing his friends.  We don't get to see them very often, so it's nice to get away for a few days.

Uncle Jon and Aunt Nicole after an amazing dinner!

While we were in Orange County we were also able to have lunch with Dustin, who was in our wedding party.  It was nice to be able to spend some time with him, even though Julie and Connor were out of town.  We are really hoping that they will come visit this fall!

We also went to Disneyland one more time, to use our season passes on the day that they expired!!  I can't go on a bunch of rides, but we were able to go on Buzz and Pirates.  I really wanted to go on Toy Story, but I didn't want to wait in line for an hour.  We just walked around, and enjoyed being at Disneyland for a couple of hours.

Our last picture in front of the castle before Brandon comes!


After our two days in Orange County we drove up to my parent's house, so that way the five of us could head to Lake Tahoe!!  My family has been vacationing in Lake Tahoe for as long as a I can remember, and it is always a blast to go back.  No two trips are ever the same.

While we were in Tahoe we didn't end up doing much.  My mom and I worked hard on my pregnancy scrapbook, and we actually finished a majority of it.  We have everything scrapped up until the trip, so that was nice.  We played a lot of Catan, and a lot of Shanghai.  We also ate a lot of course. We went to dinner at the Sage Room, which is always an amazing meal!!  We had planned on going to the beach one day, so we thought we would go to the pool the day before to get a little color before we all went to the beach and fried.  Well, needless to say, we didn't end up going to the beach because my dad and I both fried at the pool and we were there for less than an hour!!  My mom and Tyler came out much better than us!!  We went to see Bobby Slayton while we were up there too.  My mom apologized before we went for anything that he might say that offended me.  I didn't think he was too bad, but I could tell he would offend some people.  I was just glad he hadn't made it down the line to pick on us, because he was picking on people in the audience!!  Our week ended way too quickly in Lake Tahoe, but it always seems to.

Out on the beach!

Packing up on our last day!


It was nice to just be able to relax, and do whatever we wanted while we were on vacation.  We didn't have to rush to get things done, or make sure that we were in certain places at a certain time.  Tyler and I love days like those.  :)

When we got back to my parent's house we were able to go to dinner with Bree and Kevin before we had to head back home.  We went to our usual spot, and it was nice to just be able to spend some time with them, and catch up.  We're praying for them right now, as Kevin is trying to get a job with a fire department.  No one is hiring, but he is taking lots of tests, and has an interview next month.  He is also thinking of applying for a job here, which we would love!!  :)  So please, keep them in your prayers!

Uncle Kevin and Aunt Bree after our yummy dinner!

Saying goodbye was hard of course, but it always is.  My mom is coming to visit next month, to bring her first truck load of stuff, but we won't see my dad again until the end of August.  Hopefully they'll be here before Brandon is so we can spend some time together, but if not, then this trip was my last trip as just the four of us.  It's crazy how you prepare for this, and know it is going to come, but then hits you all at once.

No comments: