Saturday, April 23, 2011

21 weeks...

We went to the doctor's again yesterday.  We just had to go in for our monthly check up.  There we discovered that our doctor will be out next month because she is having a baby.  Tyler said he knew, but I had no idea!!  Now I guess I shouldn't feel as bad when people say I don't look pregnant.  Then again the last couple of times I have seen the doctor it has only been for about five minutes.

We met the doctor that will take care of us next month, since our doctor is only taking four weeks for maternity leave!!  That's crazy!!  Anyways, the guy was really funny, and answered lots of questions for us.  During our ultra sound last week the guy scared us, and told us we might have concerns about the baby.  Our doctor told us to be more worried about global warming, or a nuclear holocaust.  Obviously there are still things to be concerned about, and I want to make sure I'm staying healthy.  Brandon is doing great though, and he had a strong heart beat once again.

We went back to Target last night to try and finish our registry.  We have now registered at both places, and if any thing I just feel even more overwhelmed then before.  There are just so many things to think about, and figure out.  I know we'll get what we need, and that God will provide, but it's still crazy to think that in 19 weeks we'll be coming home with a baby!!

Tyler had a rough week this week, as he got an abscess on his tailbone.  He was in a lot of pain last weekend, and he finally went to the doctor on Wednesday.  My mom asked what is in the water here, since Tyler and I have both gotten weird things since we've been married.  I had to remind her that mine was in Orange County, before we came here!  She is safe, nothing weird in the water here.  (Besides it probably comes from Northern California anyways!)

Tyler spoke at the Good Friday service yesterday at church as well.  Our friend Chelsea came to join us, and it was nice to take that break in the middle of the day to be reminded of the greatest gift we have.  Jesus gave up His life, so that way He could SAVE our lives.  It is amazing that He would do that for us, knowing that we are going to continue to sin day after day.

Today we are just relaxing, and then tonight Tyler's mom and dad are coming over for some BBQ dinner.  Tomorrow we're going to their house for Easter lunch/dinner since it is Tyler's dad's birthday.  It will be fun, and we are even going to try and get them to do a puzzle with us.  (They don't play games like my family does.)  I'm a little sad we didn't make it home since today everyone will be at Aunt Michelle's house for Brooke's birthday, but now Tyler and I get to start making our own traditions, especially with Brandon joining us in the fall.  It will be strange not to be at my parent's house for Christmas this year, but then again, they may not even have a house.

No comments: