Saturday, April 9, 2011

19 weeks ... almost 20

Things keep going in this crazy world.  Tyler and I have been working really hard at work to make sure we stay on top of things, and I'm trying to get ahead a little bit.  It's nice to finally have some energy back, so I'm taking advantage of it!

Right now I'm coaching volleyball three days a week, and thankfully it was cooler this week.  Last week it was SUPER hot though, already in the 90s.  I can't imagine how I'm going to survive the whole summer!!

Coaching has been so much fun though, and I am reminded every day how much I love my fifth grade girls!  They are more than just my students.  I know teachers don't normally have friendships with 10 year olds, but I would do anything for any one of those girls.  For those of you who know the story, or remember Tia is on my team.  I love her, and her new nickname is Skittles.  Anyways she has really been beating herself up because she knows she's not where she was when we stopped playing last spring.  I keep telling her she is doing an amazing job, and that if we keep working she will be able to serve by the beginning of our fall season.  Well Tia doesn't like to just do what people think, she likes to prove them wrong, and do way more than you ever imagined.  At practice this Wednesday Tia served the ball over the net!!!  We were all so happy and proud for her I even picked her up and swung her around!!!  (Tyler wasn't too happy when he found out, but you know what, she weighs like 50 pounds, no big deal, I'm sure the baby is fine!!)

I know what an influence my second grade teacher had in my life, and I go back to visit her constantly.  I invited her to my high school graduation, college graduation, wedding, and you know she will be invited to my baby shower this summer.  Teachers have such an impact on children, and I love knowing that I get to help these girls grow and become the beautiful young women they are turning in to.  I just pray that as they go through those awkward teenage years we all love, they remember that I love them!!

Enough about my girls, now on to Tyler!!

Monday is his birthday, so he decided he wanted to have everyone over this weekend!!  He's pretty excited to just be able to relax and enjoy some drinks and food with his friends.  I can't believe he will be 29 this year.  It's crazy to imagine how fast time is flying!  I remember the first year we celebrated Tyler's birthday together, falling in love at where else, Disneyland!!  :)
This wasn't our first Disney date, but proof of how much Disney meant to us dating!

Now it is time to go clean my house, and get ready for our friends to come over and celebrate with the old man!  Next year we'll have a huge party, he already informed with, me kegs and everything.  My mom already volunteered to watch all of the babies at the Fischers for us!!  So crazy to think how much our life will be changing!!

No comments: