Thursday, July 9, 2015

NEW Beds!!

Tyler had minor surgery during June, and the kids stayed at my parent's house for a week while Tyler was recovering.  While they were staying up there Natalie started sleeping in Brandon's bed, and Brandon was sleeping in our bed.  She told my mom that she didn't want to sleep in a crib any more.  Well, that was going to be a problem at our house because the only options we had were B's bed, my mom's bed, and her crib.

My mom will be living with us again next year, Monday night - Thursday night, so I knew we couldn't give her bed to Natalie without having another option for her, and I didn't think that a blow up mattress was a real option.

From there I started looking at what I wanted to get for Brandon.  I knew that we were going to be buying him the new bed because the day bed we had was more for a girl then it was for a boy.  Plus his room is slightly larger, just the layout is better for a bigger bed.  (Don't worry, Nat has the bigger closet, I did think these things through when they were born!)

My mom and I took the kids to Mor Furniture and we found what we wanted to get B.  Tyler and I had looked at it ahead of time online, and B loved it!


The new beds take up almost all of the space in B's room, but now he has THREE beds in his room and he couldn't be happier!  We have started to find places for him to put his toys in all of the drawers that are in his bed too!  The steps even have drawers in them, so that is helpful.


They love to play on the top bunk of course!  This bunk is a Batman bunk!


We had to go out and buy new sheets to celebrate our new beds!  Brandon picked out Batman, Ninja Turtles, and dinosaurs.  We could only find Ninja Turtles in the full, or else batman would have been on the big bed!



The next day we took apart Nat's room, and put the big girl bed in her room!  We moved her Minnie sheets to her room too!  She loves her big girl bed and has been sleeping like a champ in her new bed!!


Thank you grandma and grandpa for helping us get new beds for our babies!!  They love them!!



No comments: